Tuesday, January 10, 2012

DIY art

This lady here is not what anyone would call an artist. Crafty maybe, but not an artist. I love paintings but money can get a little tight here so I can't afford to buy anyone Else's work..... soooo I just get inspired and make my own. 


Here is what you need.

{i am a horrible indoor photographer}

I went to Hobby Lobby and bought a set of 2 canvas's and some teal acrylic paint. I looooove teal!
I have lots of stencils but you can buy some or make some... unless you like to free hand.
and a paint brush. I recommend a big one. I was working with a very small one {not fun}

I decided to write "HELLO" In the bottom corner with the stencils for lack of anything better to write!!



Then I painted every thing but the inside of the "hello" with my Teal paint.



and here is my finished product plus a chevron print that I made.



If you want to know how I did the chevron print here is how.
-use tape to make zig zags, the paint the who canvas. then peel off tape and the let dry. easy peasy.



Now here is the thing. I was inspired by From The Aisle To Aloha, If I had the money I would have just bought her stuff. Check her shop out if you get some time. It's really great!


{psst, great giveaway here. win stuff from Much.Love.Illy and 6 more!}







The 36th Avenue




like this? try it in other colors and use different words!
have fun

Pin It

7 comments:

Mary said...

Very cute love them both!!

Amy Boatright said...

Looks like art to me.

Rachel Kaylynn said...

These turned out beautifully! I love the color you chose.

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

You h ave got a steady hand - not sure I could do that! They look super cute!

Our Little Bubble said...

love this idea!

DoolittleDesign said...

That is really cute katie! I am totally liking the chevron print right now. That is so creative!

Cierra said...

Very cute idea! I am not artsy either but it shouldn't stop us from trying!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...