Monday, November 14, 2011

Guest Post: The Floyd Boys

I have a special treat for you guys today. Lesley from The Floyd Boys is going to share a few things about her Thanksgiving. If you havent been to her blog you should do so as soon as you get done reading this. Take it away Lesley!


Hello readers of Party of Four! I’m Lesley and I blog over at the floyd boys. I’m so excited to be guest posting!



I’m just a normal, everyday stay at home mom. We live in Virginia Beach. I have an amazing husband and two little boys. That’s right, I’m outnumbered and Queen of the house! I wish I could tell you that I’m a great cook or real crafty but that’s just not me. I love to laugh, have fun and most importantly, I love to encourage. That’s what I hope my blog will do for my readers.

I’m really looking forward to the holidays this year. It seems so many have forgotten about Thanksgiving though, which makes me sad because as much as I love Christmas, I think it’s important to be thankful and appreciate our blessings. I’m especially thankful for my amazing mother who prepares the entire feast every year (I at least bring the green bean casserole!). I’m actually terrified of the day I might have to do it. Like I mentioned before, I’m not good in the kitchen.
After dinner, my mom and I always scan through all the black Friday ads (yep we’re those crazy people up before the sun trying to get some good deals) and we make our lists over some pumpkin pie while all the guys watch football and the kids play.

That’s what Thanksgiving is to me. Sure, I love all the food and goodies but it’s so rare that my whole family gets together for a meal. We’re all so busy throughout the year with our own lives and schedules. But on Thanksgiving, all of that is set aside and we can just be together for the day. And for that, I'm thankful.

Please stop by and say hello, tell me what you love about Thanksgiving. If you have a yummy recipe, please share. Maybe you’ll give me something to go along with my green bean casserole :) I’d love to meet you!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...