Sunday, February 12, 2012

Put a brand on it

I've been thinking so much lately about my "brand".

Actually there isn't much to think about considering the fact that I don't have one.

So I've been sitting here thinking about how I can brand myself and what I would 
want to be known for. Things that make you say "Man, I love that chick and all the cool 
things she does!"

Well here is my list.

-Color!  I love bold color. I love color to POP and make you feel happy.

color carton

-Water. Not sure how to incorporate that, but water is my happy place. The ocean is my favorite but I'll take it in any form

ocean.

-Clean. I want things clean. I don't like things that are real busy that make you confused about where you want to look first. I want you to enter my blog and shop 
and be able to focus on what is important.

-Simplicity. The simple things are the better. Agreed? Who wants everything to be harder then it needs to be?!


Another problem I am running into is the name of this blog. When I started it, I was having a hell of a time trying to think up a name. Then "Party Of Four" popped into my head and I thought it was great. I mean after all this home is a party of four. But I cant seem to think of a way to put a "brand" on it and I want my shop and blog to have the same name. 

Any ideas would be a great help to me and links to sites that might have helped you in this area.


Now where I take this info and emerge with bigger and better things? I have no clue. But
 I'm working on it!



Be sure not to miss this great giveaway! See what my cousin is offering one of my lucky readers!
Check it out HERE

6 comments:

Cre8ive Motives said...

Hi Katie, Glad to find your blog. I'm your newest follower :)

Mandy

Unknown said...

I love the color palate you have in your post... I almost used it for my blog makeover! I used Amanda at Royal Daughter Designs and picked out the graphic and she went from there- I love it! I was like you, wanted a "branding" and I am very happy with Amanda's work. Hope you'll stop by and visit- eatprayreadlove.com

Stephine said...

I just struggled and sort of am struggling with the same ideas! I finally found a blog look I like. I think party of four is a cute name and would be a cute name as well :) It's easy to say, remember, and spell! It took me a long time to come up with my blog name and I even thought about changing it but it represents me and has meaning to myself. I also love the color palette. Ideas will come, the harder you try to more they stay away, trust me :p Just try to go to different blogs and think about what makes you keep coming back for more to that blog. Then you can incorporate those ideas with your own :)

Stephine said...

Would be a cute shop name as well*

Devi @ Diddles & Dumplings said...

Hello! Following from the linky party!! Come visit my blog!

Devi

http://diddlesanddumplings.blogspot.com

Kristine@thefoleyfam said...

Totally am having a hard time with this myself friend! I switched up my blog name to reflect me and my fam when my SIL left... but now I feel like I want to switch my shop name... decisions, decisions :)

Following you on Linky Followers now ;)

The Foley Fam Blog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...