Thursday, January 19, 2012

Meet my new friend Abby

A week or so ago I was visiting sweet Casey's blog and she posted about a New Year blogger link up and gift exchange and I was like "Right On!". I knew for sure I wanted to participate. I love meeting new people! This gave me this chance to venture outside of my normal bloggy routine and get connected with another girl and her blog....and buy her something sweet. 

There is something so special about getting a letter or gift though the good old post office. How do you go about picking out something affordable for someone you don't even know? Well after reading her blog for a few minutes I knew what would be good... I hope she thinks its good to! 

Abby is the sweet new friend I have made though this adventure. I hope you guys 
take a minute or two to get to know her too.


1. Tell me about yourself in one sentence.
 I'm Abby and I'm happy and hopeful, and I believe with all my heart that happiness is a choice.

2. Why did you start blogging?
I don't scrapbook and I'm terrible at keeping up with photo books. I wanted a way to keep record of my daughter's life and I'd heard that you could print a blog pretty easily so I started a blog. I had no idea what I was getting myself into- I had no idea how inspiring/impactful/challenging blogging would be. All I can say is that I've never been more grateful for my complete lack of scrapbooking skills.

3. What do you like most/least about blogging?
 I love connecting with, and being inspired by, so many amazing people. I don't love the competition that exists among bloggers. I'm also not a fan of bloggers who do tons of giveaways and promoting just to gain readers. If all you ever do is promote your blog, you won't have much of a blog to promote. I want people to follow my blog because they love it, not because they might win something.

4. Where do you live? I live in Herriman, Utah- a suburb of Salt Lake City. I love it here. It's so much more diverse than outsiders might think (despite the fact that I'm a mom blogger that lives in Utah, I'm not Mormon, just so you know).

5. What is your favorite movie?
Funny Girl- I'm a shameless fan of Barbara Streisand.

6. Who is your heroine and why?
 Ellen, because she is so much more than a funny person. She is smart and giving and uses her platform in our society really well by fighting for human and animal rights.

7. Any resolutions this year? How are they going?
You may read about my resolutions here. So far, they are going well. I believe that every day is an opportunity for growth. Every day is a chance for us to give/love/smile more. I use my resolutions to work towards becoming better every day.

8. What is your favorite quote?
In the words of Buddha: "All that we are is the result of what we thought." I am a big quote person. See my favorites here.

9. What is your favorite way to spend an afternoon? Doing something fun with Harper (my daughter). I love taking her out for a treat or for a walk at the park. She is by far my favorite person in the world and I love spending time with her because everything is new and exciting to her.

10. What is your guilty pleasure?
Naps... and nachos. I could never choose between the two. I'm guiltlessly addicted to both. Ideally, I'd have an enormous order of veggie nachos followed by a nice, long nap.



*Thanks Abby!*
Want to see how I answered the same questions?  Be sure to go by Abby's blog and check it out and tell hello! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...